Wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do here at The John Frost School. Our aim is for all our students to feel safe and happy and to provide effective and appropriate support at times of need.
Additional Learning Needs Co-ordinator: Mrs M Poulton
Assistant Additional Learning Needs Co-ordinator: Mrs D Clayton
At The John Frost School we have a comprehensive student support system.
We ensure all needs of students are recognised and met by a large team of experienced and empathetic staff, who support students throughout the whole range of additional learning needs.
Support can take the following forms:
- In class Teaching Assistant support
- Small group support led by a Teaching Assistant/Higher Level Teaching Assistant
- One to one support led by a Teaching Assistant/ELSA (Emotional Literacy Support Assistant)
We offer a comprehensive range of intervention programmes.
These are just a few:
- Behaviour Modification
- Anger Management
- Social and Communication Skills
- Speech and Language Skills
Where appropriate, students are referred to work with external agencies, such as:
- Educational Psychology Service
- School Counselling
- Youth Service
- Young MINDs
- School Health Nurse
- Bereavement Counselling
- NGAGE drug and alcohol support
- Youth Justice Service
- Families First
Supporting our students to break down any barriers to learning is central to what we do at The John Frost School.